Our scope of services include;
- Pool water treatment design including filtration, water chemistry, electrical supplies and control systems.
- Pool heating design including sizing and selection of the primary heat source, energy analysis, heating hot water pipework, heat exchangers and control systems.
- Pool hydraulics pipework design including thermal efficiency requirements in accordance with Section J of NCC Building Code of Australia.
- Pool structures design including balance tanks and associated liquid retaining structures, interfaces with building structure, waterproofing and reinforcement scheduling.
- Pool tiling and finishes design including membranes and waterproofing.
- Pool fixtures and fittings design including compliant access requirements, handrails, lane ropes, deck anchors, starting blocks and all metalwork items in the pool zone.
- Rainwater Harvesting, Wastewater Recycling and Heat Recovery.
- Pool Design Standards analysis and application; Australian Standards, DIN19643-1, PWTAG and MAHC.
- Health, Royal Life Saving Society GSPO, DDA and FINA compliance.
- Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) initiatives associated with Aquatic Engineering.
- Contract administration, supervision and compliance inspections.
- Full costing analysis and budget estimates for the complete Aquatic Engineering scope of work.
LEADING DESIGN DOCUMENTATION
DESIGN TO REALITY
POOL WATER TREATMENT
Having a thorough understanding of pool heating (or cooling for some applications) is essential to the design of an efficient pool water treatment system.
We design our pool heating systems to achieve maximum efficiency in response to our detailed thermal calculations. We're capable of designing the most sophisticated heating systems including wastewater extraction and geothermal systems.
Pool hydraulics pipework throughout the pool structure is one of the most critical elements of any pool system given the inaccessibility of the pipework once the pool is completed. We don't ever cross construction joints with pool hydraulics pipework. We size all pipework and position supply outlets throughout the pool floor area for maximum efficiency.
Our Philosophy - focus the pool design on the most efficient method of building that provides a robust structure that will exceed the building life, reduce cost and the time for construction.
We have perfected the most efficient pool structures over 30+ years including managing difficult sites and variable ground conditions.
Pool tiling often provides the visual end result of a finished pool design. We understand the importance of detailing and specifying the best tiling products to achieve the highest standard of pool finishes. It's also important to design the correct preparation for the tiled surface including concrete curing, drying, priming and membranes where required.
POOL FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Many individual items are required for a commercial pool to operate safely, efficiently and to its full potential.
High functioning pools can have multiple operating modes (varying lanes, moveable floors, changing lengths etc) that require careful design to ensure a fully integrated completely finished pool. Hydrautech design all the pool fixtures as a part of our design services.
WATER PLAY, SPLASH PARKS AND WATER SLIDES
Hydrautech has designed many leisure focussed water play and associated features as either standalone facilities or as a part of larger aquatic projects.
From family friendly water play and splash parks to trapdoor, high velocity, completely dark thrill slides, Hydrautech can design any water attraction for any project.
HIGH FUNCTIONING POOLS
Modern pools have the ability to become multi-functional, especially if space is a premium and one pool needs to fulfil a number of different functions.
Hydrautech has designed Movable Booms (walls that move along the length of the pool), Movable Floors (varying pool depths), Tilt-Up Walls (to close off a pool section) and SwimWalls (to split a pool in length or width).
RAINWATER HARVESTING AND HEAT RECOVERY
Hydrautech promote the inclusion of rainwater harvesting, wastewater recycling and backwash heat recovery to reduce water and energy consumption where appropriate for all aquatic facilities.
These systems are best integrated for new project constructions although many efficiencies can still be achieved for existing facilities.
ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE DESIGN (ESD)
REPORTING - EXISTING AUDITS TO FUNDING
Hydrautech has a reputation for preparing outstanding reports, many of which have been successfully used to secure funding for major projects.
From Existing Conditions Audits, to Upgrade Reports, to Modernisation Plans and Asset Management, Hydrautech has the capability to document and forecast the best outcome for your project.
WATER, ENERGY AND EFFICIENCY MODELLING
Commercial pool water treatment systems operate continuously, they don't stop - although their flow may vary.
All pool water treatment systems are designed to ensure that their operation is achieved with the lowest possible energy requirement. Every kilowatt saved is energy (and cost) saved every hour for the life of the project.
It's important to understand that the Aquatic Engineering package can represent a large proportion of the total cost for an aquatic facility. We also understand that it may be difficult for a Quantity Surveyor to accurately apply cost estimates to this specialist scope of work. We provide detailed cost estimates for all designed work and have a great record for being close to the mark.